Church End Finchley is a place in the London Borough of Barnet, popularly known as Finchley Central after the Finchley Central station changed its name in 1940. It is a suburban development situated 7 miles (11.3 km) north north-west of Charing Cross.
The main road runs on a north-south axis, and is called Regents Park Road from the North Circular Road until it reaches the station, where the name changes to Ballards Lane. Its heart is the ancient district around the St Mary’s Church, where the imposing tower of Pardes House School (formerly Christ’s College Finchley), is a landmark. There is a public library, Church End Library and Finchley police station. Along Ballards Lane, close to the station, is a retail district with some Victorian and Edwardian shopping parade as well as modern shops including Tesco.
To the southeast, along East End Road are two institutions of note Avenue House home to the Finchley Society, and a Jewish cultural centre the Sternberg Centre. Avenue house was the home of the Stephens Ink Company, the first producers of "Blue-Black Writing Fluid" in 1832. A small museum stands to commemorate this invention. South, along Regents Park Road is College Farm the last farm in Finchley, and a statue, referred to locally as “The Naked Lady”, but more properly called La Delivrance. Victoria Park is the home of Finchley Carnival, a large fun fair held every year in July, dating back to 1905.
Notable pubs in the area include 'The Dignity', just left out of Finchley Central Station, 'The Central', opposite Finchley Central Station and 'The Joiners Arms', just past Tesco.